- About Us
- Specializing in custom-made foot orthoses and shoe modifications
- Using traditional plaster casting in the assessment and manufacturing of orthotics
- Members of the Pedorthic Association of Canada & College of Pedorthics of Canada
- On-site lab allows us to manufacture locally & offer an unparalleled selection of orthotics and features
- Our Team
- Our Experience
- "Functional" orthotics. We manufacture functional orthotics, based on the results of our visual gait assessment. Posting angles are therefore prescribed to control the excessive motions we may observe while the patient walks (dynamic), versus static measurements observed while the patient is non-weight bearing. Furthermore, we don’t shy away from posting aggressively; it is quite common to see patients with a collection of old orthotics that were not successful due to the lack of posting.
- Discussion equals satisfaction. Patient satisfaction with the devices is greatly increased when their needs, symptoms intended use and footwear selection is discussed, and comparisons are made between the "best" orthotic for their symptoms, and the style that will actually fit in their shoes, and be worn.
- "Focused" use. The focus of the orthotic "therapy" is when the patient is standing or walking. Our approach has changed considerably in the last 5 years, as research has demonstrated that if there is no pain, the body "is telling you everything is OK.
- Complete approach to "healing". As most conditions we see in our clinic are "repetitive" injuries , our approach is to "heal" the tissue faster than the damage is caused. This approach is also reflected by the multitude of recommendations that are made to promote healing; the orthotic is only 1 piece of the puzzle.
- Address the causes, not just the symptoms. We address the causes, not just the symptoms with our devices. An example is plantar fasciitis: an orthotic that simply addresses the symptoms might be very soft, with no corrective build-ups (addressing symptoms). In reality, the injury to the tissue may be caused by the excessive motions of the foot, and corrective build-ups should be used, to address the cause.
- Your orthotics should be manufactured by the same people dispensing them. Onsite lab. giving us access to exclusive materials, full control over quality and manufacturing techniques and reduced/non-existent wait times based on the service.
- Onsite Manufacturing
- No shipping fee/middle man, keeping pricing to patient low
- no time lost for shipping, especially for adjustments (most done during appt while patient waits)
- exclusive materials, full control over quality. The Pedorthist that performs the assessment is also involved in manufacturing YOUR orthotic
- state of the art technology allows us to offer products that are not available from other companies.
- fully understand the "order sheet", meaning we have many more techniques in our bag to treat ailments (i.e.: complex features on the orthotic that no one ever orders)
- "Green" Practices
- For decades have we produced our own metatarsal pads, heel plugs, cut-out poron fills and vinyl heel caps by using "scraps" from larger pieces of topcover materials.
- Many of our glues have been chosen for their low concentrations or absence of toluene, which evaporates into the air we breath. Conversely, the glues that do contain toluene are only applied at our designated glueing stations, which are ventilated by charcoal filters before being ventilated outside. This reduce toluene and other chemicals at a success rate of 3/5 and 4/5 for most gases.
- The used polypropylene sheets used in the milling process is returned to our supplier for alternate use
- All retired electronics, batteries, paints and glues are disposed of properly.
- Paper and city approved recyclable items all returned for recycling
- Eco-shredding companies are chosen when records need to be destroyed
Orthotics In Motion (2004) Inc. is a pedorthic clinic offering Calgary and the surrounding area, non-surgical footcare management. Our mission is to assist people of all ages with the prevention and treatment of many common foot and lower limb disorders.
B.Sc.Hon.Kin, C.Ped.Tech.(C), C.Ped.(C)
Patrick Bergevin is the owner of Orthotics in Motion (2004) Inc. He is a Certified Pedorthist (Canada) and has obtained a Bachelor of Science, with honours in Kinesiology at the University of Ottawa. He has experienced in various fields of pedorthics, from specialty footwear fittings and modifications for diabetics, to gait assessments and orthotic manufacturing. Bilingual assessments (English/French) are available with Patrick.
"What makes OIM orthotics... OIM orthotics?" Well, foot orthotics are our passion, and our clinicians truly care! We do not prescribe our own products, therefore our role is not to convince you that you need orthotics, but to help you understand how your feet work, and how the orthotics can help . Completing extensive, 45 mins assessments is but one example of the OIM difference.
Our philosophies are simple:
Each and every foot orthotic purchased from OIM is manufactured onsite, at our main office in southeast Calgary. Our technician are trained and supervised by Certified Pedorthists, and are held to the highest quality standards. Having your clinician involved in manufacturing YOUR orthotic ensures superior quality control and correct fit.
OIM continues to research innovative ways to reduce, re-use or recycle. Here are many examples of our initiatives: